I must win! I WILL NOT LET YOU BEAT ME!
Welcome to a # part Saga of Dragon Ball Z meets Personal development. Without Further a due, lets listen in closely to the author!
Besides being my favorite Japanese Anime of all time. Dragon ball z is a show written and illustrated by Akira Toriyama. Originally serialized as a Weekly Shonen Jump from 1984 to 1995, and later publishes into 42 tankobon volumes by Shueisha. This series is inspired by the Chinese folk novel Journey to the West, It follows the adventures of Son Goku from his childhood through adulthood as he trains in martial arts and explores the world in search of the seven mystical objects known as the Dragon Balls, which can summon a wish-granting dragon. Along his journey, Goku meets several friends and fights against several villains who also seek the dragon balls. This later evolving into Dragon ball GT.
This weekend I reached season 3, when i realized several things. Those who move surpassed the most challenging obstacles in life are those people who have an insatiable desire to achieve.
For example: Goku ( main character), is challenged by legendary warrior Freeza. Freeza's mission to Destroy planet Namek, find the dragon balls and wish himself to immortality. But Goku's best friends are on planet namek on the same mission but with a worthy cause. They want to bring there friends back to life, who were killed saving planet earth several years ago. From the Get go Goku's master ( King KAi), told him to avoid Freeza at all cost. He said the fight with Freeza was surpassed his capabilities and he would die if he tried.
But as fate had it, Freeza was inescapable. Goku's friends were in danger of getting killed, so he had no choice , but to fight this evil doer. Considered to be a fool by his own teahcer and friends as well, Goku stepped up to the plate to defend those he loved so dearly.
Including his best friend Krillen and his 10 year old son Gohan.
Always being a person who never placed a limit on his potential. After tireless fighting and the death of his best friend Krillen Goku was able to evolve surpassed tribal conditioning's and defeat Freeza for good. Savng his friends from further torment.
So what separates Goku from the rest?
I believe we all have a bit of Goku inside of us. Each of us has the ability to do more than we think we can. Moving beyond what those say is possible and fight for something greater than our selves by taking our powers to the next level. Goku's desire to win this battle was beyond boiling point, It was mandatory. He had to win if he wanted to bring his friends back to life, hold on to his wife one more time or see his kid Gohan before he starts school next year. His Why was bigger than his How. And this is how he defeated freiza.
What has Goku Taught me?
1. We are only limited by what we think we can do. Like Henry Ford said" If you think you can or you think you can't your right". Most warriors who have challenged freeza have died, why? They were defeated in there minds already before they even attempted to pick a fight with him. Goku on the other hand, even tough told it was impossible to defeat freeza was willing to try. Willing to do what ever it took, to change this fact into a possibly. For as Goku said himself " When there's a will there's a way".
2. It was once said " when the WHY is big enough, the HOW doesn't matter'. Goku's why was the fate of the whole universe, including his loving wife Che che, best friend Krillen, and son Gohan. Everyone on planet earth conscious of unconscious of the battle was riding on his courage and bravery to press on no matter what. He had a big enough why which take care of the hows on levels he never thought existed.
What are some of your whys for succeeding beyond you possible "Limit"?
3. Goku persevered no matter the obstacle. Even as a little boy training he was able to keep pushing no matter what. He never gave into any thing, not even once. Well, maybe his wife's good loving. ( smile). But the point is Goku always believed in the possible when others believed in impossibility. He believes in what i can the Winston Churchill motto ( never, ever ever give up). You so the same.
4. Goku always felt his purpose was to protect and serve. To protect and serve those who couldn't do so themselves. Even if it meant scarifying his own body for a cause greater than himself. By any mean possible, he did what he could no matter what. The good guy attitude we all should embody. Aware from negativity into the light of positivity is the attitude Goku hold. How many times did you smile today?
5. Goku being a sayian ( Race of people from outer space) has never been satisfied where he's at. Always moving onward in search of perfection. Goku spends his day training hard, hard, hard. To be the best you have to work as if your the best. Believing in himself has always been an attribute which separated goku from the masses (Like begin from outer space was not enough).
He has always believed in the possibility when there seems to be impossibility. Always moving forward, never looking back at yesterday and being in the present moment is what make Goku one of a kind. May you too should be in search of perfection. As the saying goes " Never be afraid to fall from the sky my friend". Keep your head height to the sky, feet on the ground and our mind on the moon.
- Thank you and God Bless
Is there a bit of Goku in you?